Watch Val Napoleon on CBC News Montreal last night, co-teaching an intensive one-week course on Indigenous law to McGill Law students. The segment begins at the 15:11 mark.
- 2017-01-20 - Victoria Colloquium: Brenna Bhandar (University of London)
- 2017-01-25 - The Charter and Socio-economic Rights: Sleeping Under a Box? with Martha Jackman (University of Ottawa)
- 2017-01-27 - Law in the Lens of History with Samuel Moyn (Harvard Law)
- 2017-02-01 - John Borrows: Freedom and Indigenous Constitutionalism
- 2017-02-06 - Reconciliation, Rupture, and Alternative Dispute Resolution with Roshan Danesh
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
University of Victoria Faculty of Law shared a link.
'We're at an historic moment': Indigen...
See more of University of Victoria Faculty of Law on Facebook
John Borrows, Canadian Research Chair for Indigenous Law
Jeremy Webber, Dean of Law
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.