UVic Law alumna Cathie Boies Parker will be the recipient of the Canadian Bar Association's Georges A. Goyer Award for Distinguished Service for 2016. Cathie will formally receive the award at the Bench and Bar Dinner on November 12 at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel. Congratulations Cathie! http://www.farris.com/farris-lawyers/profile/catherine-boies-parker/
- 2016-10-28 - Victoria Colloquium: Alison Dundes Renteln (USC Dornsife)
- 2016-11-01 - Maclean Lecture: Rupert Ross
- 2016-11-09 - Law Convocation
- 2016-11-11 - Remembrance Day (no classes)
- 2016-11-17 - Justice Thomas Cromwell
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
- 00:00 - BOAS: Food Drive
- 10:30 - Music and Nature
- 10:30 - Nile Green: Religious Economy and Global History?
- 12:30 - FRIDAYMUSIC
- 13:30 - Biochemistry and Microbiology Seminars
- 14:30 - Biology Seminar
- 14:30 - Victoria Colloquium: Alison Dundes Renteln (USC Dornsife)
- 15:00 - UNLESS - based on the best-selling novel by Carol Shields
- 17:00 - Chant & Meditation in the Style of Taize
- 20:00 - PHOENIX: Shannan Calcutt Burnt Tongue
- 20:00 - UVIC ORCHESTRA
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
Val Napoleon was honoured with the Indigenous Peoples' Counsel award on Friday at the annual conference of the Indigenous Bar Association. A much deserved award for all of the amazing work that Val does with Indigenous communities. Congratulations Val! http://www.uvic.ca/law/home/news/current/napoleon-indigenous-peoples-counsel-award.php
See more of University of Victoria Faculty of Law on Facebook
John Borrows, Canadian Research Chair for Indigenous Law
Jeremy Webber, Dean of Law
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.