The International Commons (IC) is a welcoming space within the Learning Commons where students go to study and connect.
Please direct questions about the IC to ISS at 250-721-6361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISS Learning Support Program
Are you an international student looking for strategies and techniques to improve your academic performance? The ISS Learning Support Program provides one-on-one help with a learning strategist.
Learning strategists can help you:
- Develop effective strategies for academic success
- Improve your skills for time management, reading, exam preparation and notetaking
- Gain a better cultural understanding of the Canadian university classroom
All students are invited to attend conversation cafés.
International students are invited to attend the following career workshops:
- INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCIES: Get ready to work in Canada
- CAREER STARTER: Navigate from university to a profession
- RÉSUMÉS AND COVER LETTERS: Learn the essentials of self marketing
- INTERVIEW PREPARATION: Discover best practices
- RÉSUMÉ LAB: Make your résumé stand out
- INTERVIEW LAB: Practice responding to interview questions
- NETWORKING: Build professional relationships
- CANADIAN WORKPLACE CULTURE: Learn how to thrive in the Canadian workplace
Each workshop will be offered three separate times during the 2015 fall term.
All workshops run from 1:30pm to 3:00pm in the IC. Dates are subject to change, so visit Co-op & Career's website for the current schedule.
Register online through Co-op & Career's Learning in Motion portal.
Are you an international undergraduate student in the Faculty of Humanities, Science or Social Sciences? Do you have questions about your degree program requirements? Are you experiencing difficulties with your academic courses?
Meet with an Academic Adviser:
- Mondays and Thursdays from 1:00pm to 4:00pm in the IC
- September 14 to December 10 for the 2015 fall term
Email email@example.com to pre-book an appointment or visit the IC to sign up for an appointment.
Check out academic advising services available for all undergraduate students at UVic.
The Centre for Academic Communication
The Centre for Academic Communication (the CAC) is located next to the IC and offers support to help you develop your academic communication skills.
Please direct questions about the CAC to firstname.lastname@example.org.