The International Commons (IC) is a welcoming space within the Learning Commons where students go to study and connect.
Please direct questions about the IC to 250-721-6361 or email@example.com.
ISS Learning Support Program
Are you an international student looking for strategies and techniques to improve your academic performance? The ISS Learning Support Program provides one-on-one help with a learning strategist.
Learning strategists can help you:
- Develop effective strategies for academic success
- Improve your skills for time management, reading, exam preparation and notetaking
- Gain a better cultural understanding of the Canadian university classroom
To learn more about this free program contact Tricia Best, ISS Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2016 spring term schedule is available here. All students, faculty and staff on campus are weclome to attend conversation cafés regardless of language proficiency. These drop-in sessions are facilitated by graduate students.
International students are invited to attend the following career workshops:
- INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCIES: Get ready to work in Canada
- RÉSUMÉS AND COVER LETTERS: How to market your skills
- INTERVIEW PREPARATION: Discover best practices
- RÉSUMÉ LAB: Bring your résumé for feedback
- NETWORKING: Build professional relationships in Canada
- CANADIAN WORKPLACE CULTURE: Learn how to thrive at your workplace
Each workshop will be offered three separate times during the 2016 spring term.
All workshops run from 1:30pm to 3:00pm in the IC. Dates are subject to change, so visit Co-op & Career's website for the current schedule.
Register online through Co-op & Career's Learning in Motion portal.
Are you an international undergraduate student in the Faculty of Humanities, Science or Social Sciences? Do you have questions about your degree program requirements? Are you experiencing difficulties with your academic courses?
Meet with an Academic Adviser:
- Mondays from 1:00pm to 4:00pm in the IC
- January 11 to June 20
Email email@example.com to pre-book an appointment.
Check out academic advising services available for all undergraduate students at UVic.
The Centre for Academic Communication
The Centre for Academic Communication (the CAC) is located next to the IC and offers support to help you develop your academic communication skills.
Please direct questions about the CAC to firstname.lastname@example.org.