Applying to the UVic School of Nursing (Victoria campus) for the January 2017 Entry
Applications must be received at the School of Nursing office by 4:00 on September 30, 2016.
Returning students to UVic: Complete an Undergraduate Re-registration application online through UVic Records (you are considered a returning student if you have completed a course at UVic).
The faculty you are applying to is Human and Social Development (H&SD) and the program is Continuing Nursing.
Please indicate January entry point and include the names and dates of all post secondary institutions previously attended.
Failure to declare all post-secondary institutions previously attended on the application form may result in a cancelled application.
Request that all transcripts be mailed to you directly.
- An official partner site college "transcript-in-progress" (A transcript-in-progress indicates all nursing program required courses previously completed and those currently in-progress for semester five.)
- A final official transcript from all other post-secondary educational institutes previously attended. (High School transcripts are not required)
Please write your UVic Student Number on the top right hand corner of each transcript envelope. DO NOT OPEN!
After you have collected all transcripts, submit them by September 30 in one envelope to Undergraduate Admissions & Records
If applicable, also include: Completed Application to Enroll in a Second Bachelor's Degree Program and the $8.00 fee. (Returning UVic applicants only)
Please mail or deliver to the School of Nursing
- A new original copy municipal/RCMP criminal record check. Please indicate that you require a vulnerable sector check when ordering your criminal record check.
- Solicitor General criminal record check from Semester One. This was given to you by Camosun College in Semester One.
- A cheque for $40.00 to cover:
$10.00 for the UVic School of Nursing name tag and
$10.00 for the required CNSA (Canadian Nursing Students' Association) membership fee
$20.00 Island Health proximity card fee.
Make your cheque or money order payable to the University of Victoria, post-date to September 30, 2016.
Submit by email to email@example.com
- Photocopy of your current CPR certificate (level C or higher)
The School of Nursing recognizes CPR certification as valid for two years from the date of issue. Your CPR certification must be current for the duration of the Jan-Apr term (must be current through April 30th). Please note online certification or re-certification will not be accepted.
- Evidence of personal respirator/mask fit-test
The School of Nursing recognizes mask-fit certification as valid for one year from the date of issue. Your mask fit-test must be current for the duration of the Jan-Apr term (must valid through April 30). Students must be fit-tested before initial use of their personal respirators
- Completed BSN Practice Form
Optional: Completed application for the Dorothy Kergin Bursary (January to April). Submission is strongly encouraged.
Late or incomplete application packages will not be considered
The application deadline is September 30, 2016.