Applying to the UVic School of Nursing (Victoria campus) for the January 2015 Entry
Applications must be received at the School of Nursing office by 4:00 on September 30, 2014.
Submit your completed application and required documents in one envelope addressed to Paul Meier, Student Advisor.
Your envelope must include:
- Completed and signedSchool of Nursing BSN Continuing Program application form
- A new municipal/RCMP criminal record check
- Solicitor General criminal record check from Semester One. This was given to you by Camosun College in Semester One.
- Completed and signed HSPnet Student Consent Form. (Please read the HSPnet Consent Form Information Document)
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the HSPnet Student Consent form, contact Diane MacLeod, Practica Coordinator (NURS 456) at 250-472-4608 or email@example.com
- Completed and signed UVic Statement of Criminal Records Check Form
- Signed Permission to request access to students record
- Signed VIHA Confidentiality Agreement Form (Please read VIHA policies 1.5.1 and 1.5.2)
- Completed Victoria campus Name Tag order form
- $20.00 fee to cover:
$10.00 for the UVic School of Nursing name tag and
$10.00 for the required CNSA (Canadian Nursing Students' Association) membership fee.
Make your cheque or money order payable to the University of Victoria, post-date to September 30 2014 and write your UVic student number on the top right hand corner.
- Photocopy of your current CPR certificate (level C or higher)
The School of Nursing recognizes CPR certification as valid for two years from the date of issue. Your CPR certification must be current for the duration of the Jan-Apr term (must be current through April 30th). Please note online certification or re-certification will not be accepted.
- Evidence of personal respirator/mask fit-test
The School of Nursing recognizes mask-fit certification as valid for one year from the date of issue. Your mask fit-test must be current for the duration of the Jan-Apr term (must valid through April 30). Students must be fit-tested before initial use of their personal respirators
Submit by email to to firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional:Completed application for the Dorothy Kergin Bursary (January to April). Submission is strongly encouraged.