Call for Proposals
We are pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for the 2017 Child and Youth Care in Action Conference. During this conference, we want to celebrate the depth and breadth of our field nationally and internationally. Practitioners and researchers everywhere find themselves embracing multiple real-world and theoretical challenges as part of their everyday working lives. With the intention of embracing these challenges, we welcome you to two days of presentations, conversations and meetings at the University of Victoria. We invite practitioners to share their successful interventions and programs. We also welcome researchers to share findings that their Child and Youth Care related inquiries have generated.
The 2017 conference committee invites proposals that speak to (but are not limited to) the following:
- Child and youth care identities: professionalism and beyond
- Practice generated, innovative approaches to working with children, youth, families and communities
- Inclusive theoretical frameworks for working with children, youth, families and communities grounded in decolonizing, Indigenous ways of knowing
- All quantitative and qualitative and mixed method approaches for child and youth care research and evaluation including methodologies that are based in critical, postmodern, feminist, queer, narrative, phenomenological, ethnographic frameworks and grounded theory as well in statistical measures and the experimental methods.
- Program design and program evaluation
- Economic theory based analyses of everyday work with children, youth, families and communities
- Community level practices
- Global perspectives in working with children, youth, families and communities
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Proposals should be submitted online no later than November 30, 2016 and should include the following information:
- Name of Presenter(s)
- Presenter(s) Contact Info (E-mail and phone number)
- Title of Presentation
- Abstract (approx. 100-250 words)
- Conference Theme addressed
- Paper – 30 mins.
- Roundtable Talk/Discussion – 90 mins.
- Discussion/Panel – 90 mins.
- Workshop – 90 mins.
- Poster/Display Table
All rooms are equipped with data and overhead projectors. Additional AV equipment and/or space requirements should be specified. (ie: moveable chairs and/or tables)
All Presenters must register by January 31, 2017 to receive the Early Bird rate.
All submissions will be given serious consideration by the conference program committee and will be judged on the following criteria:
- Relevance to conference themes
- Clarity of aims
Please note that because we have some space limitations, not all workshop or panel proposal submissions will be accepted as submitted and we may need to ask some presenters to consider a poster presentation, a round table talk or another alternative in order to be included.
Dr. Sibylle Artz and Dr. Marie Hoskins
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Conference Coordinator, Sandra Curran firstname.lastname@example.org