The benefits office administers all personnel benefit plans (medical, extended health, dental, life insurance and long term disability insurance) for faculty and staff.
Benefits vary significantly by employee group. Contact us for information about your individual benefits.
Our team determines eligibility and administers the enrollment process for the UVic pension plans. The pensions and investments office administers all other aspects of the pension plans.
Optum PPC Canada The Balance Sheet newsletter April 2014
- This month's newsletter focuses on personal and family finances. The first article, emergency Funds: Your First Step Toward Financial Health, gives an overview of the importance of establishing and maintaining an emergency fund.
- The next article is Ours, Mine and Yours: How Couples Can Successfully Manage Joint Finances and it discusses a number of scenarios and suggestions for couples to get started on the building blocks of financial success that will lead to a healthy financial future.
- Optum PPC Canada is the service provider for UVic's employee and family assistance program. Contact Optum PPC at 1-800-663-9099.
Benefits Office newsletters
NEW! Financial planning and retirement seminars for regular employees
The benefits office is located in the Sedgewick Building, Vandekerkhove Wing, room B125.
- Brandon Reynolds, benefits assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-472-4581)
- Fran McMurray, benefits assistant (email@example.com or 250-721-6522)
- Suzanne Helston, benefits manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-721-8089)
- Secure fax: 250-472-4041
Ensure you provide your full name, ID (V00) number and contact information in your email or phone messages.
- Phone and email inquiries: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Walk-in hours: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
UVic My Page:
- Update your address in your personal profile
- View your benefits statement and other information in employee services.
Pacific Blue Cross CARESnet:
- File electronic claims.
- Download claim forms.
- View summary of coverage.
- Print ID cards.
- Sign up for direct deposit for paid claims.
- View online statements.