The benefits office administers all personnel benefit plans (medical, extended health, dental, life insurance and long term disability insurance) for faculty and staff.
Benefits vary significantly by employee group. Contact us for information about your individual benefits.
Our team determines eligibility and administers the enrollment process for the UVic pension plans. The pensions and investments office administers all other aspects of the pension plans.
Each year Pacific Blue Cross (PBC) requires confirmation that over-age dependents meet the eligibility requirements for coverage under the University's group extended health and dental care plans.
New - starting March 1, 2015
- You will be contacted by PBC 3 months before your dependent reaches 21
- Complete the letter confirming your dependent's ongoing eligibility for coverage and return the letter directly to PBC by the required date
Annual student confirmation/recertification
- Confirmation letters are generaed by PBC and forwarded to members in July
- Confirm student eligibility online through CARESnet or respond by fax or mail directly to PBC
- If your student dependent has completed their schooling, their coverage under your extended health and/or dental plans will terminate on Sepember 30
Benefits Office newsletters
NEW! Financial Roadmap - your guide to financial success! Visit planning ahead for information on financial seminars, workshops and web resources
The benefits office is located in the Sedgewick Building, Vandekerkhove Wing, room B125.
- Brandon Reynolds, benefits assistant (email@example.com or 250-472-4581)
- Fran McMurray, benefits assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-721-6522)
- Suzanne Helston, benefits manager (email@example.com or 250-721-8089)
- Secure fax: 250-472-4041
Ensure you provide your full name, ID (V00) number and contact information in your email or phone messages.
- Phone and email inquiries: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Walk-in hours: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
UVic My Page:
- Update your address in your personal profile
- View your benefits statement and other information in employee services.
Pacific Blue Cross CARESnet:
- File electronic claims.
- Download claim forms.
- View summary of coverage.
- Print ID cards.
- Sign up for direct deposit for paid claims.
- View online statements.