The benefits office administers all personnel benefit plans (medical, extended health, dental, life insurance and long term disability insurance) for faculty and staff.
Benefits vary significantly by employee group. Contact us for information about your individual benefits.
Our team determines eligibility and administers the enrollment process for the UVic pension plans. The pensions and investments office administers all other aspects of the pension plans.
Effective January 1, 2015 Medical Services Plan of BC (MSP) premiums will be increased by 4%. As premiums are collected in advance for coverage the following month, the new rates will be reflected on your December paycheque. Please consult your Benefits Handbook or Quick Reference Guide for current premium rates.
Benefits Office newsletters
NEW! Financial planning and retirement seminars for regular employees
The benefits office is located in the Sedgewick Building, Vandekerkhove Wing, room B125.
- Brandon Reynolds, benefits assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-472-4581)
- Fran McMurray, benefits assistant (email@example.com or 250-721-6522)
- Suzanne Helston, benefits manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-721-8089)
- Secure fax: 250-472-4041
Ensure you provide your full name, ID (V00) number and contact information in your email or phone messages.
- Phone and email inquiries: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Walk-in hours: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
UVic My Page:
- Update your address in your personal profile
- View your benefits statement and other information in employee services.
Pacific Blue Cross CARESnet:
- File electronic claims.
- Download claim forms.
- View summary of coverage.
- Print ID cards.
- Sign up for direct deposit for paid claims.
- View online statements.