The benefits office administers all personnel benefit plans (medical, extended health, dental, life insurance and long term disability insurance) for faculty and staff.
Benefits vary significantly by employee group. Contact us for information about your individual benefits.
Our team determines eligibility and administers the enrollment process for the UVic pension plans. The pensions and investments office administers all other aspects of the pension plans.
The benefits office is located in the Sedgewick Building, Vandekerkhove Wing, room B125.
- Valerie McCubbin, benefits assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-472-4581)
- Fran McMurray, benefits assistant (email@example.com or 250-721-6522)
- Suzanne Helston, benefits manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-721-8089)
- Secure fax: 250-472-4041
Ensure you provide your full name, ID (V00) number and contact information in your email or phone messages.
- Phone and email inquiries: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Walk-in hours: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Benefits Office newsletters:
- Faculty/PEA long term disability annual report 2013
UVic My Page:
- Update your address in your personal profile
- View your benefits statement and other information in employee services.
Pacific Blue Cross CARESnet:
- File electronic claims.
- Download claim forms.
- View summary of coverage.
- Print ID cards.
- Sign up for direct deposit for paid claims.
- View online statements.