Your manager will arrange for your departmental orientation. We've created an orientation to assist you both with this process.
For employees new to the University of Victoria, this half-day informative and interactive session will give you an opportunity to learn about the campus, network and meet other members and leaders of the campus community.
The date for the next new employee orientation session has not been set. We will update this site and send details to managers once a date has been set.
Invitations with registration details will be sent out automatically to new, regular part-time and full-time employees.
If you're an employee who hasn't attended orientation before, you're encouraged to attend and can request an invitation from Human Resources.
- Campus Security Services
- Compensation and benefits
- Collective agreements
- Health promotion
- Learning and development programs
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environment
- Parking and Transportation Services
- Records Management Program
- Strategic plan
- Sustainability at UVic
- University Systems
- UVic Directory of Records
- Vikes Recreation
CUPE 917 represents the University of Victoria's trades, grounds workers, security officers, facility attendants and janitorial, maintenance and food service workers among others. CUPE 917 represents approximately 500 workers (430 FTE positions).
CUPE 951 represents approximately 850 workers (755 FTE positions) including office employees, library assistants, technicians, nurses and child care workers.
CUPE 4163 is known as the University of Victoria's Educational Employees' Union. The local is made up of three "components," each with separate collective agreement language. CUPE Local 4163 application form can be found at http://4163.cupe.ca/?page_id=396
The PEA chapter at UVic comprises administrative and academic professionals. This group includes 850 employees (770 FTEs).
Selected university policies
- Athletics and Recreational Facilities
- Human Rights, Equity and Fairness
- Internet Use, Computer Use
- Liquor Policy
- Occupational Health Classification and Safety Policy
- Professional Development Expense Policy for PEA Staff
- Purchasing Services Policy
- Responsible Use of Information Technology Services
- Sustainability Policy
- Sustainability Action Plan for Campus Operations
- Traffic and Parking Regulations
- Training and Development for CUPE 951
- Travel and Hospitality Policy
- University of Victoria Library Loan Policy
- Use of Vehicles and Parking on UVic campus
- Bookings Policy Guide-Residence and Food Facilities
- Budget-Requests, Sources and Terms
- Casual Employment of Students
- Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality
- Employment Accommodation
- Determination of Employment Relationship
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Furniture Policy
- Keys and Locks
- Mail and Messenger Services
- Prevention of Violence in the Workplace
- Printing and Duplicating Services
- Purchasing Services
- University of Victoria Web Sites
- Waste Management Policy