Bob Wright Centre - Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (BWC)
The Bob Wright Centre - Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences accommodates:
- the School of Earth and Ocean Sciences (SEOS)
- the Department of Chemistry
- the Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling & Analysis (CCCMA)
- the Department of Astronomy dome and roof-top telescopes
- lecture theatres, offices, labs, meeting rooms and food services
SEOS now maximizes collaborative teaching and research opportunities for its rapidly expanding complement of faculty, graduate students and research personnel who were formerly housed in seven buildings across campus.
CCCMA, a division of the federal Department of Environment, now benefits from the opportunity to easily collaborate with SEOS.
The Department of Chemistry uses the building to consolidate and modernize the working environment for synthetic chemistry.
- Site: In the area to the east of the Elliott Building and south of parking lot B
- Project budget: $66.6 million
- Building size : 12,764 gsm
- Architects: Chernoff Thompson Architects (Russ Chernoff, lead architect)