Landsdowne - Trutch (RTC)
Built in 1969, the Trutch residence is part of the Lansdowne complex. With 24 single rooms and 12 double rooms, Trutch is home to 48 students each year.
Sir Joseph W. Trutch (1826-1904) was one of the delegates who negotiated B.C.'s terms of union with the government of Canada. He was named the province's first Lieutenant Governor (1871 - 1876) and was knighted in 1889.
The Lansdowne complex is named in honour of the Lansdowne campus where UVic’s predecessor, Victoria College, offered classes from 1946 to 1963. Today that campus is home to Camosun College. The Lansdowne residences consist of six four-storey buildings that house a total of 280 students in single and double rooms.
- Single room floor plan
- Double room floor plan
- Housing, Food and Conference Services - Web | Directory