Gordon Head - Poole House (RPH)
The Poole House residence was constructed in 1978 as part of the Gordon Head residence complex. A single-student residence, Poole House accommodates 102 students.
George (1921 - 1997) and Rae Poole were patrons and founding members of the University of Victoria's President's Council. The Pooles donated Dunsmuir Lodge to the university in 1985.
The Gordon Head residence complex is named after a 120-acre plot of farmland that was acquired by Victoria College in 1959 as the future site of its campus. The area had previously been used as the World War II Gordon Head Army Camp and as a private airfield. The first sod was turned in 1960 and today the Gordon Head area is home to the University of Victoria. The four Gordon Head Residences accomodate 404 students in single rooms.