McGill - Joseph Cunliffe (RJC)
The Joseph Cunliffe residence was built in 1981 as part of the three-building McGill complex. This single-student residence houses 59 students.
The building is named for S. Joseph Cunliffe (third from left) who served as chair of the University of Victoria Board of Governors from 1973 to 1979, and was a former chair of the University of Victoria Foundation.
The McGill complex was named in honour of McGill University, which was affiliated with Victoria College from 1903 to 1915. Its three residences accommodate 180 students in single rooms.