Enterprise Data Centre (EDC)
The Enterprise Data Centre (EDC2) provides additional server and data processing capacity to support research and administrative functions for the University of Victoria.
- The new facility can accommodate up to 1260 kW of additional server capacity, or 3000 standard servers.
- The first purpose-built data centre on campus, the facility was designed at UVic. All of the operating systems are backed up for continuous operation 365 days a year.
- The EDC2 provides an additional 465 square meters of storage space, which can be converted for data centre use in the future.
- Sustainable design features include low flow toilets, native landscaping and energy-efficient lighting.
- Building size: 465 square metres
- Project budget: $6.14 million
- Architect: CEI Neilson Architecture Planning Interiors