Cars, coffee and coding: sustainability in entrepreneurship
CSSI and the Innovation Centre for Entrepreneurs would love to see you at this panel discussion of the role of sustainability in business. Kayli Anderson of Synergy Enterprises, Stuart Bowness of MediaCore, Shane Devereaux of Habit Coffee, and Martin Guinto of UVic's Formula hybrid car team will share their views on whether, why, and how they implement sustainability practices and whether it makes a difference to them and their clients.
Hooked on Speed: How the Addiction to Change is Duping Corporations and Eroding Sustainability
Join Dr. Tima Bansal, Canada Chair of Business Sustainability at Ivey School of Business, and the Gustavson School of Business for a fascinating look at the effect of fast changes on business.
Continuous and accelerating changes to technologies, products, and markets not only undermine profits, but are at the heart of significant social and environmental costs.
Using the Coca-Cola Company as an example, Dr. Bansal will show that corporations must discriminate between the activities in which they need to respond quickly and those that require long-term investments for stability and sustainability.
Free, and the public is most welcome. Details of this February 19, 2015 event are here.
- Selling Sustainability
- Haertle at IdeaFest 2014
- CSSI Year in Review 2012-13
- Beale on innovating for effective social entrepreneurship
- Gustavson receives EECOM award
- Mah receives EDC scholarship
- Gustavson MBAs in Nespresso finals
- Post-doc wanted
- Video captures Gustavson essence
- Josh Ault on poverty
- Gustavson earns 5-year EQUIS accreditation
- ICE in Martlet 2013
- Biomass Open House 2013
- Greenshifters in The Ring
- Mining-related jobs in BC
- Greenshifters win big at Walmart
- Goldcorp donation supports CSSI
- Gustavson's greenhouse gas emissions 2011
- Gustavson Greenshifters to Walmart finals
- 2013 PitchIt! winners