Pre-reviews and checking
There are a number of common reasons why documents are not accepted to UVicSpace. Keep these in mind as you near completion of your thesis or dissertation to avoid having to make further changes or revisions.
Thesis or dissertation:
- Pages are not numbered correctly (Roman numerals on preliminary pages and numeric on body text, no 1 or i pages labelled)
- On the title page, writing thesis where it should say dissertation and vice versa.
- Incorrect listing of degree on title page and supervisory page (example: BSc, Biology, SFU, 2000)
- Incorrect listing of committee members on supervisory page and/or abstract page (adding external member, not listing member roles or departments)
- Missing pages from table of contents (example: list of figures not listed)
- Blank pages
- Signatures on pages within thesis or dissertation
- Missing or improper international copyright notice (©) on the title page.
Final supporting documentation:
- Missing signatures on appropriate forms, including all the necessary ones on the approval of thesis/dissertation submission form (see final thesis and dissertation submission)
- Missing the two copyright licenses: University of Victoria Partial Copyright License or Non-Exclusive License to Reproduce Theses
- Copyrighted material used without permission (see licenses under thesis and dissertation basics).
In addition to the content of your thesis or dissertation there are a number of elements required in submitting your thesis or dissertation. You should read through the final submission document requirements and submission steps ahead of time.