If you have students interested in pursuing graduate studies at the University of Victoria, they can contact Student Recruitment where the graduate recruitment staff will provide clear, insightful information to prospective UVic students every step of the way - from application to registration.
About the China Scholarship program
According to the Memorandum of Understanding renewed in October 2012 between the China Scholarship Council and the University of Victoria, the two parties have established the CSC-UVic Postgraduate Fellowship Program to support outstanding Chinese students to undertake PhD studies at UVic.
China Scholarship Council – UVic Postgraduate Fellowship program
- General information for international applicants
- List of China Scholarship Council preferred universities. Note: any eligible citizen of China is entitled to apply even if they are not from a university on one of these lists:
General information for international applicants
- The information for international applicants page provides information on applying to UVic.
Study permits and temporary visas
- International students need to apply for study permits through the government of Canada. Visit the International and Exchange Student Services website for tips and steps to get permission to study in Canada.
- Generally international students who do not speak English as their first language must show English language proficiency in order to study at the University of Victoria. See the language proficiency page for more information regarding English language requirements.
- The University of Victoria English Language Centre offers a university admission preparation course that can be completed to meet English competency requirements.