Program list & descriptions
Writing ( Masters )
Focuses in the following genres: poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, drama and film. A key component in the MFA is courses and practice in the teaching of writing. Workshops are the key to the department’s teaching methods - small groups of students discuss and analyze their craft in intensive workshop and seminar sessions. In addition to its award-winning faculty, the department hires guest instructors and visiting lecturers who are outstanding practitioners.
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Statement of intent
- Portfolio of writing in chosen genre
- For details, please consult the Writing website
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.