Program list & descriptions//WritingDepartment of Writinghttp://finearts.uvic.ca/writing/future/overview/grad-program.htmlFaculty of Graduate Studies/graduatestudiesYes/graduatestudies/admissions/admissions/index.phpApply for admissionMastersOn-campus2Not applicableNoneFocuses in the following genres: poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, drama and film. A key component in the MFA is courses and practice in the teaching of writing. Workshops are the key to the department’s teaching methods - small groups of students discuss and analyze their craft in intensive workshop and seminar sessions. In addition to its award-winning faculty, the department hires guest instructors and visiting lecturers who are outstanding practitioners./ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS Prerequisite Minimum standing BA, BFA B+ Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies. APPLICATION DEADLINES Entry point Domestic students International students September December 15 December 15 EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS Resume/CV Statement of intent Portfolio of writing in chosen genre For details, please consult the Writing website
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email email@example.com.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.