Program list & descriptions
Sociology ( Doctorate )
|MA||A- to A in graduate courses|
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
|September||May 31 (Feb 1 for financial support)||December 15|
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Statement of interest
- Sample of written work
- For details, please consult the Sociology website
|General Office Enquiries (June - March only)||Aileen Chong||250-721-7572||COR A333firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduate Secretary||Zoe Lu||250-721-7572||COR A333email@example.com|
|Department Secretary||Carole Rains||250-472-4949||COR A332firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chair||Sean Hier||250-853-3771||COR A336email@example.com|
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.