Program list & descriptions
Music ( Masters )
UVic's School of Music offers programs leading to the degrees of MMus in Performance and in Composition, MA in Musicology and in Musicology (with Performance). These programs emphasize the creative, critical, and technical skills necessary for stimulating careers as composers, performers, theorists, and music scholars.
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
|September||January 15||December 15|
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Statement of intent
- Writing sample (MA only)
- For details, please consult the Music website
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.