Program list & descriptions
Mechanical Engineering ( Masters )
Research areas include advanced materials and manufacturing, computational and continuum mechanics, computer aided design and manufacturing, integrated energy systems, optics, robotics, mechanisms and mechatronics, thermofluids and transport phenomena.
|BSc, BEng||B in the last two years of university work|
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
|September||June 30||December 15|
|January||October 31||April 15|
|May||February 28||September 15|
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Resume/CV (recommended)
- Statement of intent (recommended)
- For details, please consult the Mechanical Engineering website
|Graduate Secretary/Reception||250-721-7047||COR B228email@example.com|
|Department Secretary||Cathy Rzeplinski||250-721-7046||COR B228firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chair||Ann Stahl||250-721-7057||COR B246bemail@example.com|
|Registration/ Co-Undergraduate Advisor||Becky Wigen||250-721-7053||COR B219firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Undergraduate Advisor||Helen Kurki||250-721-7045||COR B211aemail@example.com|
|Honours Advisor||Quentin Mackie||250-721-7055||COR B342firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduate Advisor||Yin-Man Lam||250-721-7051||COR B209email@example.com|
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op is mandatory in this academic program. You’ll complete co-op work terms as part of your program requirements.
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.