Program list & descriptions
Linguistics ( Masters )
Members of the Department of Linguistics teach and conduct research on topics in phonology, morphology and syntax; Indigenous languages of North America and the Pacific Rim; applied linguistics; articulatory and acoustic phonetics; and sociolinguistics.
|BA||B+ in the final year’s work (prefereably in Linguistics)|
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
|September||January 15||December 15|
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Writing sample
- Statement of intent
- For details, please consult the Linguistics website
|Department Secretary||Maureen Kirby||250-721-6634||CLE D341firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduate Secretary||Jenny Jessa||250-721-7424||CLE D341email@example.com|
|Chair||Hossein Nassaji||250-721-7422||CLE D340firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Graduate Advisor||Sonya Bird||250-721-7434||CLE D351email@example.com|
|Undergraduate Advisor||Leslie Saxon||250-721-7433||CLE D355firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Applied Linguistics Advisor||Hua Lin||250-721-6643||CLE D343email@example.com|
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.