Program list & descriptions
Art History and Visual Studies ( Doctorate )
Our PhD program normally requires three to four years to complete. The PhD degree is research-focused and includes courses designed to build knowledge and enhance research- and career-related skills. We offer a workshop course in art historical writing as essential support for our student’s development when writing the doctoral dissertation.
|MA||Degree in History of Art of closely related field|
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
|September||December 15||December 15|
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Statement of intent
- One sample of written research
- For details, please consult the History in Art website
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.