Program list & descriptions
Health Informatics ( Masters )
The School of Health Information Science has over 25 years of history in health informatics education and research in Canada, and is considered by many a world leader in this field. Our research and teaching strengths include the planning, design, implementation, use and evaluation of health information systems in different healthcare settings.
Applicants must also meet the general admission requirements for the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
|Entry point||Domestic students||International students|
|September||May 31||December 15|
|January||October 31||April 15|
|May||February 28||September 15|
EXAMS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Statement of intent
- For details, please consult the Health Information Science website
|General Office||250-721-8575||HSD A202email@example.com|
|Co-op Assistant||Debbie Robertson||250-721-6458||HSD A202firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Director||Andre Kushniruk||250-472-5132||HSD A202bemail@example.com|
|Office Manager/Assistant to the Director||Sandy Polomark||250-721-8576||HSD A202firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Co-op Coordinator||Dave Hutchinson||250-721-8577||HSD A202aemail@example.com|
|Graduate Secretary||Sandra Boudewyn||250-721-6459||HSD A202firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Program Coordinator||Silvia Dulc||250-721-7561||HSD A202aemail@example.com|
What is co-op?
Co-operative education (co-op) is a learning strategy that lets you:
- alternate your academic studies with paid, relevant work experience in your field of study
- enrich your academic studies by drawing on practical, real-world experience from your work terms
- develop competencies to excel in the workplace
- potentially pursue work terms related to your graduate research or project
Can you do co-op?
Graduate co-op may be available to students who are pursuing thesis and non-thesis (or professional) degrees. Participation is optional, and admission is determined after consultation with your graduate adviser and department. Contact the co-op program in your degree area for details, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Co-op is not open to one-year graduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, and non-degree graduate students.
What other career development support does UVic offer?
UVic Co-op and Career can support you through every stage of your career development, through:
- One-on-one career guidance
- Career development programs and workshops
- On-campus networking opportunities with employers
- Online work search resources
- Competency development and assessment
Looking for work?
Apply for all types of job opportunities at learninginmotion.uvic.ca.