2. Apply for admission
Applying to UVic is easy. Just follow the steps below.
How to apply for admission to Graduate Studies
- Before proceeding to submit an online application to UVic, please ensure that you have followed all the steps on what to do before you apply, including how to determine your program requirements and deadlines, as well as how to upload and submit your documents. Your file will be evaluated based on your uploaded documents.
- Complete the online application. Fill out the application including information for all post-secondary institutions at which you registered for courses, and upload all required documents. You will be required to upload an unofficial transcript from every post-secondary institution attended. Failure to disclose previous studies may result in your admission and registration being cancelled.
- Pay the application fee within your application - you must pay online with a credit card.
- Contact each of your referees to confirm their willingness to complete an assessment on your behalf. You will need to supply their names and emails as part of your application.
- If you have already received your degree (and it is indicated on your transcripts), you can request official copies of your transcripts from each institution you have attended. These official transcripts will only be required after you have received a provisional offer of admission.
- You can view the checklist on your My UVic application page for a list of received and outstanding documents. Submit any outstanding documents as PDFs not uploaded as part of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure you apply early. As the deadline for application to a program approaches, the processing times slow due to increased application volume. Early application will also allow you to be eligible for UVic fellowships and awards.