At the University of Victoria, we strive to model sustainability—applying ingenuity to find new and creative solutions and practices that can serve as examples for others.
The 2012 UVic Strategic Plan, A Vision for the Future: Building on Excellence, calls for the establishment of a formal framework to manage the university's physical and financial resources in a sustainable manner; that is, with attention paid to the "triple bottom line" of economic, social, and environmental consequences.
Our sustainability website is designed to be a hub for sustainability-related information on the UVic campus.
UVic achieves STARS Gold sustainability rating
UVic has officially received a Gold rating in the Sustainability, Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS), administered by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE). UVic is only the 5th Canadian post-secondary institution to achieve a gold rating under the STARS system, and the first using the updated 2.0 version of the program.
Sustainability reports and documents
- STARS Gold for UVic - AASHE report (2014)
- Progress Report on Sustainability Action Plan - Highlights (2012)
- Progress Report on Sustainability Action Plan - Long version (2012)
- UVic Green Guide (2012)
- Carbon Neutral Action Report - Executive Summary (2012)
- UVic Green IT Guide (2011)
- Sustainability Action Plan: Campus Operations, 2009-2014
- Sustainability Policy (2009)
- Campus Traffic Survey - Executive Summary (2010)
- Sustainability Report (2006)
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory Summary (2006)
- Campus Plan (2003)