Engineering and Computer Science Programs
Civil Engineering ( Bachelor )
Click here for the Civil Engineering Program website....
Civil Engineering is an established professional Engineering discipline. Civil engineers apply their knowledge of science to the design and creation of safe, reliable and practical infrastructure. The program focuses on creating a sustainable future, including the areas of:
- Planning, developing and managing: roads, bridges, dams, power stations, water and sewage treatment plants
- Innovative and smart structures, and new emerging materials
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Sustainable water resource engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Environmental protection and management
The program is being developed to emphasize sustainable development including environmental stewardship, green buildings and sustainable suburban planning.
Civil Engineering takes place on all levels in the public and private sector, and so job opportunities are numerous. Graduates can pursue a career in industry with a company like Stantec, AECOM, or Focus Corporation, or in many other Building Development, Environmental Assessment, Finance agencies, or in Municipal Government. There are also many entrepreneurial and consulting opportunities, as well as post-graduate study (masters or Ph.D.).
See the Civil Programs page for more information.
Follow us on Facebook.