Alumni and donors
AlumniLearn about the wide range of services designed to help alumni stay connected with their university and with their fellow graduates.
DonorsFind out about how donors' gifts help ensure that our students get a world-class education and faculty have access to the best facilities for teaching and research.
Dr. Trevor John Williams graduated from Imperial College in 1987 with a B.Eng. in Aeronautical Engineering followed, a few years later, by a M.Sc. in Management Science from Southampton University.
Trevor worked for 23 years in the aerospace industry, for British Aerospace (UK), SENER and CASA (Spain), Dynacs (USA), Eutlesat (France) and MDA (Canada). During this part of his career, Trevor worked on communications satellites, human-rated vehicles and low earth orbit observation satellites
In 2008, Trevor continued his lifelong pursuit of knowledge by commencing his PhD studies at UVic. The title of Trevor’s dissertation is Probabilistic Power Flow Modeling of Renewable Energy and PEV Grid Interactions. This research makes significant contributions to our understanding of the challenges and opportunities presented by the integration into distribution networks of plug-in electric vehicles and distributed energy resources
A special convocation ceremony was held for Trevor at Royal Jubilee Hospital on January 10th, 2013. On behalf of the Senate of the University of Victoria, Dr. David W. Capson, Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies, awarded Trevor a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). Trevor passed away peacefully the following morning surrounded by family and friends
At the convocation ceremony, Trevor’s wife Valerie was by his side, as were his brothers Stephen and Philip Williams and his mother Mair Williams, from Wales. Trevor also generously shared this celebration with his fellow students, colleagues, friends as well as UVic faculty members who had the pleasure of working with Trevor during his doctoral studies.
The Faculty of Engineering has established the Dr. Trevor John Williams Memorial Fund to create a legacy in Trevor’s name. If you would like to make a donation in memory of Trevor, you can give via credit card here
or please contact Kate Hollefreund by phone at 250-472-4210 or by e-mail at
EngineeRing Faculty newsletters
- Spring 2015 - download - 4 pages (3.4 MB)
- Fall 2014 - download - 4 pages (0.9 MB)
- Spring 2014 - download - 4 pages (0.5 MB)
- Fall 2013 - download - 4 pages (0.5 MB)
- Spring 2013 - download - 4 pages (1.2 MB)
- Fall 2012 - download - 4 pages (1.2 MB)
- Spring 2012 - download - 4 pages (1.2 MB)
- Fall 2011 - download - 4 pages (528 KB)
- Spring 2011 - download - 4 pages (701 KB)
- Fall 2010 - download - 4 pages (425 KB)
- Spring 2010 - download - 4 pages (646 KB)
- Fall 2009 - download - 4 pages (511 KB)
- Spring 2009 - download - 4 pages (289 KB)
- Fall 2008 - download - 4 pages (5.44 MB)
- Spring 2008 - download - 8 pages (401 KB)
- Fall 2007 - download - 4 pages (743 KB)
Ingenium Faculty of Engineering research newsletters
Follow us on Facebook.