Faculty research community
The Faculty of Education's research community office facilitates and enhances a supportive culture for all types of research involving faculty, students and the broader community.
The research community office works in conjunction with the Faculty Research Committee on the following:
- Promoting and advocating research in the faculty.
- Advocating for research opportunities, funding, and budget.
- Sponsoring and arranging research seminars, symposia, and workshops.
- Overseeing and adjudicating the Faculty of Education Award for Excellence in Research.
- Overseeing the Connections Conference and IdeaFest.
- Arranging seminars or symposia for any Honorary Doctorates sponsored by the Faculty.
- Liaising with representatives on major research-related committees (VP Research Advisory Committee, etc.).
- Arranging or conducting professional development workshops.
- Assisting faculty with grant applications.
- Facilitating knowledge mobilization via the University of Victoria's communications office and other media outlets.
2015-16 Faculty Research Committee Members:
Dr. Wanda Hurren (Chair), Dr. Catherine McGregor, Dr. Claire Burgoyne, Dr. Paul Zehr, Dr. Natalee Popadiuk, Dr. Monica Prendergast, Dr. Todd Milford, Heather Chestnutt (Faculty Research & Scholarship Coordinator).
For more information, contact the Faculty Research + Community Engagement Office at 250-721-7862 or email@example.com.