Faculty research community
The Faculty of Education's research community office facilitates and enhances a supportive culture for all types of research involving faculty, students and the broader community.
The research community office works in conjunction with the Faculty Research Committee on the following:
- Promoting and advocating research in the faculty.
- Advocating for research opportunities, funding, and budget.
- Sponsoring and arranging research seminars, symposia, and workshops.
- Overseeing and adjudicating the Faculty of Education Award for Excellence in Research.
- Overseeing the Connections Conference and IdeaFest.
- Arranging seminars or symposia for any Honorary Doctorates sponsored by the Faculty.
- Liaising with representatives on major research-related committees (VP Research Advisory Committee, etc.).
- Arranging or conducting professional development workshops.
- Assisting faculty with grant applications.
- Facilitating knowledge mobilization via the University of Victoria's communications office and other media outlets.
2013-14 Faculty Research Committee Members:
Dr. Tim Hopper, Dr. Wanda Hurren (Chair), Dr. Anne Marshall, Dr. Graham McDonough, Dr. Sylvia Pantaleo, Dr. Ryan Rhodes, and Ben Schulz (Grad Student Rep.)
For more information, contact Jennifer Beasley at 250-721-7862 or email@example.com.