Faculty research community
The Faculty of Education's research community office facilitates and enhances a supportive culture for all types of research involving faculty, students and the broader community.
The research community office works in conjunction with the Faculty Research Committee on the following:
- Promoting and advocating research in the faculty.
- Advocating for research opportunities, funding, and budget.
- Sponsoring and arranging research seminars, symposia, and workshops.
- Overseeing and adjudicating the Faculty of Education Award for Excellence in Research.
- Overseeing the Connections Conference and IdeaFest.
- Arranging seminars or symposia for any Honorary Doctorates sponsored by the Faculty.
- Liaising with representatives on major research-related committees (VP Research Advisory Committee, etc.).
- Arranging or conducting professional development workshops.
- Assisting faculty with grant applications.
- Facilitating knowledge mobilization via the University of Victoria's communications office and other media outlets.
2014-15 Faculty Research Committee Members:
Dr. Tim Hopper, Dr. Wanda Hurren (Chair), Dr. Anne Marshall, Dr. Graham McDonough, Dr. Sylvia Pantaleo, Dr. Ryan Rhodes, Sarah Wright Cardinal (Grad Student Rep.), and Heather Chestnutt (Faculty Research & Scholarship Coordinator)
For more information, contact the Faculty Research + Community Engagement Office at 250-721-7862 or firstname.lastname@example.org.