The Faculty of Education's research committee was designed to facilitate and enhance a supportive culture for all types of research involving faculty, students and the community.
The Faculty Research Committee works in conjunction with the Faculty Research Community office on the following:
- Promoting and advocating research in the faculty.
- Lobbying the faculty, university and external agencies for research opportunities, funding, and budget.
- Sponsoring and arranging research seminars, symposia, and workshops.
- Overseeing and adjudicating the Faculty of Education Award for Excellence in Research.
- Overseeing the Connections Conference.
- Arranging seminars or symposia for any Honorary Doctorates sponsored by the faculty.
- Communicate and advocate with representatives on major research-related committees (VP Research Advisory Committee, etc.).
- Arranging or conducting professional development workshops as required to enhance the quality, implement policies, and increase involvement in research.
- Supporting research publications with regular writer workshops, mentoring, and faculty sponsored publications.
For more information, contact Dr. Wanda Hurren at 250-721-7805.