Teacher Education - to us
Vision Statement for Pre-Service Teacher Education
Graduates of teacher education programs at the University of Victoria are professionals who believe in the lifelong transformative power of learning and who actively promote the principles of justice, equity, respect, and safety within a diverse and democratic society.
Our program provides opportunities to develop professionals committed to education. Through reflection, creativity, and collaboration these professionals take responsibility to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes to:
- Transform curriculum requirements into successful learning experiences using effective and innovative teaching methodologies.
- Integrate into professional practice research-based knowledge about teaching and learning.
- Foster supportive and caring environments that address the diverse needs and the intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social and physical integrity of each learner.
- Work collaboratively and constructively with educational partners to maximize the potential of all learners.
- Participate in the development of education systems that serve all learners.
- Support and promote the principles of public education for all learners.
- Embrace the challenges of teaching within a global knowledge age.