To request technical support or any inquiries about services and support in our labs, please drop by our offices MacD209 (just beside the MacD211 lab) or MacA220 during our regular working hours (8:00-4:00) or call us at 250-361-5578 (Please leave a voicemail with location and contact information if we don't answer! We'll get back to you as soon as possible.)
We also provide technical support for the mobile lab carts, please contact us for assistance.
For help outside our regular hours or from off campus/remote areas, please email email@example.com or fill the help request online form below.
Or check out our Tutorials/FAQs section below or our Resources page.
We have specific tutorials geared towards UVic Education linked below. Also try the TechFairy Tutorials OAC Blog for more video tutorials.
For more help with specific software, go to our Studio Resources page and click on the linked software name to find more information including links to external tutorials and help pages.
If you don't find the help you need, please contact Education Lab Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-361-5578 or drop by our office MacD209 during our regular working hours (8:00 - 4:00).
- Transferring files from the Canon Vixia camera
- Converting video files using Handbrake
- Converting video files using QuickTime Player
- Converting video files using MPEG Streamclip
- iMovie 10.0.6 (Yosemite) on OAC and YouTube
- iMovie 10 (Mavericks) on OAC and YouTube
- iMovie '11 on OAC and YouTube
If you aren't sure which version of iMovie you have, check this explanation.
- Lesson 1 - Setting up a new project
- Lesson 2 - Layers, History, Shapes and Colours
- Lesson 3 (part 1) - Gradients and the Text Tool
- Lesson 3 (part 2) - Text Effects and Layer Styles
- Lesson 4 (part 1) - Creating Your Own Image
- Lesson 4 (part 2) - Creating Your Own Image
- Tim Hopper's Ten Badges to Learn Google Drive
- Importing media from an iPad
- Resizing an image with Preview
- Importing audio files from a Samson Zoom H2 audio recorder
- How to use the Printrbot Simple Metal 3D Printer
Also see our page on copyright information.
Ann-Kristin Blanken, Lab Assistant
Office: Mac D209
Perry Plewes, Facility Coordinator
Office phone (best just to call the cell): 250-472-5983
For Faculty of Education staff and office related support, you can also try contacting Education Desktop Support Services.
Online Help Form
For immediate emergency help during regular hours, please call: 250-360-6660 (and leave a message if no one answers.)
We do not normally provide help outside of regular office hours. However, in case of an emergency, you might find help through:
- our online help webpages:
- regular hours emergency number: 250-360-6660. Please leave a message if no one answers. We'll try to return your call as soon as possible.
- UVic Computer HelpDesk: 250-721-7687. You can use the local phone (by the printers) by dialing 7687. The UVic Computer HelpDesk is open Mon. - Fri. 8:00 am - 7:00 pm.
- If you expect to need support outside of regular hours, please contact us ahead of time; we may be able to arrange for support and/or give you some more options.