Converting video files with Quicktime
To see larger versions of the images in this document hover over the image and click on the expander icon at the top left corner.
QuickTime Player (10) can be used to easily convert .mkv or .m4v video files (the type Handbrake creates) into more universal .mov files.
Please note: This process will not work with .mts files from the Canon Vixia camera. Those will need to be converted with Handbrake first!
1. Launch QuickTime Player, and open your movie file.
2. Under the File menu, click Save As.
3. The Format tab will default to Movie. Click Save.
- Transferring files from the Canon Vixia camera
- Converting video files with Handbrake
- Converting video files with MPEG Streamclip
- More HACQs.
- More resources.