Become a CORE Club tutor
We are accepting applications for Fall 2017.
The Faculty of Education’s Centre for Outreach Education (CORE) employs enthusiastic and dedicated tutors to work with students in our after-school tutoring program, CORE Club.
What you get:
- Experience working with students with special needs in small group settings (a very valuable addition to a teaching portfolio!)
- An opportunity to develop and practice teaching skills while receiving ongoing feedback and suggestions
- Important community service experience helping children in the community who would not be able to access tutoring from other places
- An hourly rate of 14.68 for tutoring time plus 1 hour planning time per week.
What we need from you:
- To be available to tutor between 2 or 4 times a week (4:30-6:00pm Monday-Thursdays)
- To work with small groups (2-3) of elementary students to provide additional instruction in reading, writing, or math.
- A love of teaching and an interest in helping students in the community
- A willingness to continually develop as a teacher
- Experience working with children/ youth in school or community settings is an asset
To apply for the position, or to find out more information, please contact Karen at email@example.com or (250) 721-6688.
Applications should include:
A cover letter outlining your relevant experiences and reasons for your interest in this position,
- A current resume,
- The name and contact information of a reference able to attest to your suitability for this role