CUVIC 2014 - Beyond Engagement: Creating Integration, Innovation and Impact
Thank you to everyone that participated in CUVIC 2014 and contributed to its success. It was our pleasesure to host you at the University of Victoria.
It was three exciting days of keynote presentations, workshops, teaching circles, poster sessions, field trips, networking receptions and a gala evening celebration.
Connections with community and university activists, innovators and researchers from around the world.
The opportunity to join a growing local and global movement for community and university engagement to create a more sustainable, healthy and just world.
Shared stories and new skills about where research, teaching, learning and the arts meet creative and interdisciplinary community development.
Inspiration by local and global projects, stories and research into diverse topics such as indigenous self-determination, citizen science, green mapping, community wellness and youth empowerment.
- Community celebration (opening evening) with keynote presentation by renowned scholar, politician and Aboriginal arbitrator Bob Rae. Musical interludes by Gettin' Higher Choir
- Keynote presentations by Paul Lacerte (Executive Director of the BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres) and Dr. Nancy Turner OBC, OC (engaged scholar, Distinguished Professor, ethnobotanist)
- Over 100 rich and thought provoking workshops, panels and presentations
- Poster party, displays and community market place
- Gala celebration evening at Royal BC Museum