Career Ambassador Program
The Career Ambassador Program (CAP) provides peer career assistance and support. CAP is staffed entirely by trained student volunteers, supported by the expertise of our Co-op and Career staff.
Now taking applications for career ambassadors!
Apply now to
become a CA!
Looking for a volunteer position? We're hiring!
As a career ambassador (CA), you'll help support students in their career development as they connect their academic studies, personal and professional goals. Our CAs work as a team to promote experiential learning (volunteering, service-learning, co-op, part-time work, casual jobs and more) and connect students with the valuable career resources, programs, events and opportunities available at UVic.
You'll strengthen your communication, teamwork, leadership, marketing and event coordination skills through regular professional development sessions and hands-on experience working with Co-op and Career staff and other students. You'll also gain valuable experience in career development support.
Applications will be are accepted until August 10, 2013 or until all positions have been filled. To apply, please see posting #100364 on the Co-op and Career portal (volunteer tab).
What is a
- Reinforce the value and services of Co-op and Career Services at the University of Victoria
- Communicate with UVic students about Co-op and Career Services events
- Generate enthusiasm among our students about Co-op and Career Services and events
- Promote Co-op and Career Services events and programs (e.g. distribution of marketing materials, networking, presentations, chalk boarding etc)
- Participate in the preparation, running and take down of events
- Support recruitment, selection, orientation and training of future Career Ambassadors
- Monitor Career Ambassador email and respond to student enquiries
- Update social media sites as needed
- Proven ability to build rapport and communicate with tact and sensitivity
- Excellent English writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Completed a 1st year English course (or equivalent)
- Be in good academic standing with UVic
- Available to participate for a minimum of 10 hours per month
- Commit to volunteer from September to May
- Attend all mandatory training programs and scheduled meetings
- Available one evening per month for training and development sessions
- Leadership or coaching experience
- Energetic, outgoing and dedicated to making a difference
- Strong desire to assist and inform other students about career related strategies
- Works well as part of a team as well as independently to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Respect for diversity, professional and committed
- Experience with public speaking
EXPECTED OUTCOMES/COMPETENCIES DEVELOPED
- Public speaking, leadership and coaching experience
- Knowledge of résumé and cover letter writing
- Marketing, communications and event management experience
For more information on the Career Ambassador Program, please contact email@example.com or stop by Career Services daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you've recently had help from a student career ambassador, please take a moment to complete this survey. Thanks a lot—you'll help us improve our services!
Find a jobPost a job