- Our programs and how to apply
- How co‑op works
- Fees and funding
- Work term information
- Challenge a work term
- Résumé and cover letter tips
- Co‑op student stories
- Co‑op forms
Challenge a work term
About work term challenges
Have you completed previous work experience related to your area of study? If you’ve worked at least 420 hours in a position that relates to your degree, you may be able to register your work experience as a co-op term through a work term challenge.
How to challenge a work term
Book an appointment with your coordinator and bring the following to the meeting:
- a job description of the position you wish to register as a co-op term
- written confirmation of your employment and hours worked (directly from your employer or on company letterhead)
- a reference letter, a completed Competency Assessment (part 3), or other document from your employer that explains how you did during your work placement
What happens next?
Your coordinator will review your proposal. If approved, you’ll pay the work term challenge fee ($306) and submit a work term report by the end of the term that your work term challenged is registered for (it must be during a course-based term).