Co-op photo contest
Give us your best shot(s)!
The 2014 Co-op Photo Contest is now closed! Stop by Co-op Info Day on Tuesday, Sept 9 to vote for your favourites!
We're offering great cash prizes:
- Grand prize – $200
- Runner-up – $100
- Third place – $50
Curious about the (friendly) competition? Check out our current entries for 2014!
Due to popular demand, the contest closing date has been extended! We are now accepting submissions until 9 am on Tuesday, September 2, 2014.
Please be sure to read the contest rules below before you make your submission.
How to enter
- Upload your photos [contest entries now closed] (netlink ID and password required). You may enter a maximum of three photos and your photo descriptions can be a maximum of 200 characters (about 25 words). (If it's longer than this, your upload will not work.)
- We’ll print your photo entries and post them on display at Co-op and Career Info Day on Tuesday, September 9, 2014. Stop by and vote for your favourite—the photo with the most votes wins!
- We’ll tally the votes, determine the top three entries and contact the winners!
Good luck, and have fun!
Technical issues? Have questions about the photo contest? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be a current co-op student.
- Photos for the 2014 contest must be from co-op work terms that took place from September 2013 to August 2014.
- Photos must be of you on your work term, in your work term environment. This means:
- You must appear in the photo (no scenery shots, please).
- The photo must be related to something you did on your co-op work term.
- Do not submit advertisements for your employer.
- You may submit up to three photos.
- By submitting your photos to the Co-op Photo Contest, you agree to let Co-op and Career use your photos for promotional purposes. This means that your photo may appear on a UVic website, in a publication or in other promotional material. For this reason:
- You must be the owner of the photo. If someone else took the photo, make sure you have permission to use it.
- If your photos include shots of the workplace, make sure you have your employer’s permission.
- If your photos include other people, make sure you have the subjects' permission. This is especially important with children, whose parents must complete and sign this Photo Subject Release Form. Submit the form to email@example.com, mail it to Co-op and Career at PO Box 1700 / Victoria BC / V8W 2Y2, or drop it off in the Business and Economics building, room 410.
- Do not add text to the photo.
NOTES: As written in the University Calendar, UVic is committed to promoting, providing and protecting a positive, supportive and safe learning and working environment for all its members. The University of Victoria's Co-operative Education Program and Career Services reserves the right to refuse a photo entry into the contest if its content does not adhere to this policy and is deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Contest submissions are reviewed by the communications officer (with assistance from a co-op student). Submissions are subject to the University policy; contest participants may be asked to select a different photo if the content does not adhere to this policy. Any ammendments are at the discretion of the communications officer. The co-op student working with the communications officer is eligible to participate in the contest. Students vote for their favourite three photos during Co-op and Career Info Day to determine the winners.