Co-op photo contest
Lights, camera, co-op!
Our annual Co-op Photo Contest is now closed. Please check back in May 2014 for the 2014 Contest. In the meantime, take photos on your work terms and plan to submit them next year!
The 2013 contest has now closed. The 2014 Co-op Photo Contest will open in May 2014 (at that time, we'll open up on the online submission form).
Start taking photos now for the 2014 contest
Photos for the 2014 contest must be taken during co-op work terms that take place between September 2013 and August 2014. Whether you're working in an office, a laboratory or the great outdoors, we want to see photos and footage of you on your co-op work term.
For both the photo and video contests, we're offering great cash prizes:
- Grand prize – $200
- Runner-up – $100
- Third place – $50
- Upload your photos (netlink ID and password required - form will open in May 2014). You may enter a maximum of three photos and your photo descriptions can be a maximum of 200 characters (about 25 words). If it's longer than this, your upload will fail.
- We’ll print your photo entries and post them on display at Co-op and Career Info Day in September 2014. Stop by and vote for your favourite—the photo with the most votes wins!
- We’ll tally the votes, determine the victors and notify the contest winners. Good luck, and have fun!
- You must be a current co-op student.
- Photos must be of you on your work term, in your work term environment—you must appear in the photo (no scenery shots, please), and the photo must be related to something you did on your co-op work term (please do not submit advertisements for your employer).
- You may submit up to three photos.
- By submitting your photos to the Co-op Photo Contest, you agree to let Co-op and Career use your photos for promotional purposes. This means that your photo may appear on a UVic website, in a publication or in other promotional material. For this reason:
- You must be the owner of the photo. If someone else took the photo, make sure you have permission to use it.
- If your photos include shots of the workplace, make sure you have your employer’s permission.
- If your photos include other people, make sure you have the subjects' permission. Subjects other than you must complete and sign this Photo Subject Release Form. Submit the form to email@example.com, mail it to Co-op and Career at PO Box 1700 Victoria BC V8W 2Y2, or drop it off in the Business and Economics building, room 410.
- NOTE: As written in the University Calendar, UVic is committed to promoting, providing and protecting a positive, supportive and safe learning and working environment for all its members. The University of Victoria's Co-operative Education Program and Career Services reserves the right to refuse a photo entry into the contest if its content does not adhere to this policy and is deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Contest submissions are reviewed by the communications officer (with assistance from a co-op student). Submissions are subject to the University policy; co-op students contest participants may be asked to select a different photo if the content does not adhere to this policy. Any ammendments are at the discretion of the communications officer. The co-op student working with the communications officer is eligible to participate in the contest. Students vote for their favourite photos during Co-op and Career Info Day to determine the winners.