We offer a ton of events each year to help you:
- find work and meet employers
- improve your job search skills
- learn about potential careers
UPCOMING AND CURRENT EVENTS
- Volunteer Fair
September 25, 2014 (9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Tuesday September 16, 2014 | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Co-op Student for a Day
Starting September 9, 2014
- Co-op and Career Info Day
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Career workshops
Ongoing – Sept 2014 to June 2015
- Co-op and Career Fair
Tues, Sept 23 and Wed, Sept 24, 2014 | 10 am – 3:30 pm
Co-op and Career Fair
When: Tues, Sept 23 and Wed, Sept 24, 2014 | 10 am – 3:30 pm
Where: Michele Pujol Room, Student Union Building
On Tuesday, September 23 and Wednesday, September 24, 2014, students and alumni can connect with over 50 employers from a wide range of companies and representatives from graduate and professional schools all in one place at the UVic Co-op and Career Fair. Thousands of students and alumni attend this event each year!
Co-op and Career Info Day
When: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Where: Michele Pujol Room, Student Union Building
Contact: - email@example.com - 250-853-3172
Welcome to UVic. Now what?
Student life is great, but what comes next? Co-op and Career Info Day is the place to:
- Discover our career services and programs, including career exploration, free online programs, résumé and interview workshops, online resource kits and more!
- Learn about the co-op program and how you can gain paid work experience that's relevant to your degree.
- Don't have time for co-op? Find out about our flexible work experience program
Thank you to these local businesses and organizations for the generous donations!
If you'd like to provide a donation for one of our 2014 giveaways, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
Event details for: STUDENTS
Going to Info Day? Spread the word and enter to win prizes donated by local business and organizations!
We're not the only ones excited about Co-op and Career Info Day! Local businesses have generously donated prizes for our week of giveaways: September 2-9.
Come to Info Day on Tuesday, September 9, and enter in our grand prize draw to win a Zipline Tour for two from Adrena LINE Zipline Adventure Tours!
Spread the word through our social media contest, and you could win:
- Admission passes to the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria
- Cinecenta tickets
- Tickets to an IMAX Victoria showing
- A pair of tickets to the Phoenix Theatre fall shows
- Pizzeria Prima Strada gift certificate
- Passes to Recreation Oak Bay
- Tickets to the Addams Family from the Royal & McPherson Theatre Society
- A group tea tasting from Silk Road Tea
- The Mint gift certificate
- A backpack filled with UVic swag from the UVic Bookstore
- Vikes Athletics Vikes Nation Member card
If you're a UVic student, you can enter in our social media prize draw. Winners will be announced on twitter daily (between Sept. 2-9, 2014)
Enter the contest up until September 9, 2014 (but you'll have more chances to win if you enter earlier!) One entry per person (one entry on Twitter includes the two steps listed below).
How to enter the contest on Twitter
1. Use the "follow" button to follow us on Twitter Follow @uviccoopcareer2. Use the "tweet" button to share that you're going to Info Day and be entered to win a prize! Tweet
Every year, hundreds of co-op students submit photos of their work experiences as part of our Co-op Photo Contest. Their submissions will be on display at Info Day and it's up to you to decide who will win the grand prize of $200!
Make sure to vote for your favourites when you visit Info Day!
Submit a photo
Are you a co-op student? Submit your photo!
Due to popular demand, the photo contest deadline has been extended! You can now submit your photos up until 9 am on September 2!
When: Tuesday September 16, 2014 | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Where: Bob Wright Centre lobby, Clearihue Building lobby (near computer labs), University Centre lobby
Event details for: Students and Alumni
Everyone struggles with writing a résumé, but you don’t have to! Attend this free drop-in event to learn how to create a strong résumé for your job search.
You’ll spend 5-10 minutes reviewing your résumé with a career educator. If you need more help, you can drop by Co-op and Career for a longer session.
Bring a copy of your résumé, or two! It will help to have a goal in mind—what do you want to accomplish with this résumé? What type of job are you applying to?
When: Ongoing – Sept 2014 to June 2015
Where: McPherson Library (see specific workshop for room)
Contact: - email@example.com - 250-721-8421
Our career educators host four types of workshops for students throughout the week in the McPherson Library:
- Résumé Lab
- Ace Your Interviews
- Network to Work (NEW FOR 2014!)
- Using LinkedIn for Your Work Search
See workshop details and schedule here!
When: September 25, 2014 (9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Where: Michele Pujol Room - SUB
Categories: External events
Contact: George Colussi - firstname.lastname@example.org - 250-386-2269
Come find out about hundreds of volunteer opportunities from more than 50 non-profit agencies. Gain relevant experience, find your passion and give back to a cause or organization you're passionate about!
For more volunteering info, see Co-op and Career's volunteer resources.
This event is hosted by Volunteer Victoria.
Co-op Student for a Day
When: Starting September 9, 2014
Where: Enter online or at Co-op and Career Info Day, Career Fair, or Volunteer Fair
Contact: Samantha Toms - email@example.com - 250-472-5805
Tell us why you want to be a Co-op Student for a Day for your chance to experience first hand what it's like to be a co-op student and to see what co-op has to offer!
- Sample co-op, the employer, and the work environment
- Shadow employees
- Tour the workplace
- Network with team members
- Witness the workplace environment and culture
- Conduct informational interviews with employees and current co-op students
- Learn tips of the workforce
Watch for contest updates on twitter with the hashtag: #coop4aday
See more at: uvic.ca/coopandcareer/coop4aday
Find a jobPost a job