We offer a ton of events each year to help you:
- find work and meet employers
- improve your job search skills
- learn about potential careers
UPCOMING AND CURRENT EVENTS
- Gear up to graduate!
Late fall 2014
- Pathways to Success for graduate students
October 2014 to April 2015
- Career workshops (ongoing)
Ongoing – Sept 2014 to June 2015
- Mock Interview Clinics
November 26, 27 and 28, 2014
- Hi-Tech Co-op and Career Fair
Feb 3–4, 2015 | 10 am – 3 pm
Career workshops (ongoing)
When: Ongoing – Sept 2014 to June 2015
Where: McPherson Library (see specific workshop for room)
Contact: - email@example.com - 250-721-8421
Our career educators host four types of workshops for students throughout the week in the McPherson Library:
- Résumé Lab
- Ace Your Interviews
- Network to Work (NEW FOR 2014!)
- Using LinkedIn for Your Work Search
See workshop details and schedule here!
Pathways to Success for graduate students
When: October 2014 to April 2015
Where: See schedule for locations
Contact: Co-op and Career - firstname.lastname@example.org - (250) 853-3172
Career and professional development for graduate students
What lies beyond graduate school for you? Explore future career paths at these free sessions offered through April 2015.
- Learn how to transition from grad school to a career
- Discover current labour market info for academic and non-academic careers
- Hear from panels and speakers on landing an academic job or carving out a career outside academia
- ... and more!
Mock Interview Clinics
When: November 26, 27 and 28, 2014
Categories: Forums and workshops
Contact: Chelsea Falconer - email@example.com - 250-721-8840
We're looking for your interview expertise!
This fall, we're hosting a collection of mock interviews for students, and we’d like to invite you to take a front-row seat! Acting as mock-employers, you'll promote your organization on campus while helping students improve their interview skills in a realistic setting.
Event details for: Employers
- Build awareness of your brand on our campus.
- You'll meet a selection of our standout students, opening a window on future recruitment opportunities.
- Through the interview process, your junior staff will gain valuable training in interviewing job candidates.
Optional and Professional Co-op Programs
(Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Earth and Ocean Sciences, Excercise Science, Physical and Health Education, Humanities, Fine Arts, Professional Writing, and Social Sciences)
November 26-28, 2014
We're offering three timeslot options, which all include a coffee break and one-hour lunch (provided):
- Half-day morning (8:30-12:30)
- Half-day afternoon (12:30-4:30)
- Full day (8:30-4:30)
Before the event, you’ll receive student applications to review in advance to your interviews. Please bring these applications along with you to your clinics. On event day, you’ll conduct a 30-minute interview and feedback session with each student.
If you can't make it to campus for in-person interviews with students, we can arrange for the sessions to take place via phone or Skype.
- Resources for the day of the mock interviews
- Sample interview questions
- Tips for conducting in-person mock interviews
- Tips for conducting phone and Skype interviews
- Résumé rubric (to evaluate students' résumés)
- Cover letter rubric (to evaluate students' cover letters)
- Mock interview evaluation form (to rate students' interview performance)
Gear up to graduate!
When: Late fall 2014
Where: Online event
Are you graduating this fall? We've got everything you need to kick your career exploration and work search into high gear!
- Match your interests and degree with meaningful career options
- Learn how to best prepare for your work search
- Find out where to look for work
- Browse featured job postings (updated weekly—for Gustavson students)
Hi-Tech Co-op and Career Fair
When: Feb 3–4, 2015 | 10 am – 3 pm
Where: Engineering Lab Wing lobby
Contact: - firstname.lastname@example.org - 250-472-5809
Find a jobPost a job