The template has been designed so you can specify components to include in your customized layouts. Components include:
- Unit bar (see "Logos and unit identifiers")
- Primary navigation items (see "Navigation")
- Primary sub-navigation items (see "Navigation")
- Secondary navigation (see "Navigation")
- Secondary sub-navigation (see "Navigation")
- Tertiary navigation (see "Navigation")
- “Support UVic” button (links to Development site if you don't have a donors page)
- Accordion menu
- Feature photo (see "Images")
- Tabbed content area
The template allows for a variety of column layout options. Options include:
- No right column content
- No left column content
- Full width (no side columns)
- Decide which components to include in your customized layout before you begin building your site.
- Decide which column format to apply to your web pages. The site should remain consistent from page to page, unless there’s a good reason for varying it.
About the pre-set styles
- Do not create styles to override the width and structure of the existing column format options. Let the existing CSS and html determine column structure.
- Creation of new CSS styles or components: The template's styles and components offer a variety of formatting and content area options. If you think you need a new style or component due to formatting or content requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before proceeding.