Writing for the web is very different from writing for print. Web writers write for how people search and read online, and we can teach you how to do it.
Web writing training
Our content specialist can teach you what good web writing is, how people read web pages, and what should be on your website.
- Did you know 80% of readers simply scan text on a web page?
- Do you know the five steps of reading a web page?
- Do you know which staff person to ask what needs to be on your website?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a free training session for your content team.
Web editing services
Once you've written your content, we can edit it for readability, consistent voice, and make sure it conforms to the UVic Style Guide.
Why worry about web content?
Consistent web content is part of UVic's brand.
UVic is competing with hundreds of universities across Canada and internationally -- and more than 50 education providers in BC -- for government, philanthropic, community and research support as well as students, faculty and staff recruitment and research collaboration.
It is critical that the university deliver a united, dynamic message that reflects its unique and diverse attributes to differentiate us from this competition and provide these key audiences with an understanding of those attributes.
- Students have more options than ever before on where to attend university.
- Donors receive numerous solicitations for their support.
- Community members are bombarded with opportunities to attend events.
Every organization is trying to tell their audience what it is they offer. Good websites can help us stand out among them.