How to book
How to book a speaking engagement with the Speakers Bureau
1. Look through this guide
Read through this guide for a complete list of this year’s topics. We think you’ll find the bureau has something to offer your organization, no matter how diverse the interests of your audience.
2. Choose your topic(s)
Choose one or more topics and list them in your order of preference.
3. Give us a call
Check out the request form. Or phone 250-721-8587 and we’ll send you a form so you can give us the details of your meeting.
4. What’s next?
Fill out and return a request form at least three weeks in advance of your meeting. As soon as we receive your completed request form, we’ll contact you about booking a speaker.
Expert and professional topics offered by the Speakers Bureau reflect the professional practices or research areas of the faculty, staff and graduate student speakers.
Presentations based on the personal interests of Speakers Bureau members appear under a separate heading at the end of this guide.
- Although the Speakers Bureau operates as a volunteer service to the community, we ask that you cover any travel expenses outside the CRD that our speakers may incur.
- If it’s the normal practice of your group to offer an honorarium to speakers, we ask that you extend the same courtesy to our speakers.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of speakers provided to any one group.
- Please acknowledge the UVic Speakers Bureau when introducing speakers to your group, and in any advertising and media interviews related to the speaking engagement.
- The views and opinions expressed by members of the UVic Speakers Bureau do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Victoria.
- ‡ Denotes graduate student topic.
- E (K-5), M (6-8), S (9-12) Denotes topics appropriate for K-12 students.