Leveraging your buying power
Enjoy the benefits of group buying power. When you do, a percentage of revenues generated by affinity partnerships supports student and alumni programs.
The UVic Alumni Association's affinity partners offer exclusive products and services to UVic grads.
Though many challenges lie ahead for your family, there are steps you can take to be certain their future remains bright, even in the face of the unexpected. Protecting your children's education, your home, your income and the financial well-being of your family is most important.
The University of Victoria Alumni Association has worked closely with our insurance partner IA to offer a group insurance program that provides our alumni the best coverage and value.
- Term Life Insurance
- Dependent Children Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Travel Medical
- Guaranteed Issue Life
The benefits to all of us are significant. Our group buying power means we pay competitive group rates for comprehensive insurance coverage. Plus, your participation in this affinity program helps support the programs and services of your Alumni.
IA guarantees your satisfaction with a no-questions asked, 60 day money-back guarantee.
Save more with TD Insurance
As a graduate of the University of Victoria you have privileged access to the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program, which provides savings through lower preferred insurance rates. Plus, by choosing TD Insurance you also give back. Our program contributes to the University of Victoria Alumni Association every year, so while you benefit from savings, you will also be supporting your alma mater.
Did you know that a recent study conducted by TD Insurance Meloche Monnex showed that, on average, alumni who have home and auto insurance with us save $400?
We have been serving thousands of alumni like you for 65 years. We would be pleased to count you among our many satisfied customers.
Click here for more information and find out how much you can save.
Due to provincial legislation, the automobile and recreational vehicle insurance program is not offered in British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
A credit card you can take pride in – designed for University of Victoria alumni
Support your alma mater and show your school pride with a customized University of Victoria MasterCard® credit card. Each time you make an eligible purchase, MBNA contributes a portion of funds back to the University of Victoria in support of alumni and student initiatives.
Choose the MasterCard® credit card that fits your lifestyle. Whether you're looking for a credit card with a flexible and easy to understand rewards program, or a credit card with a low annual interest rate, MBNA has you covered.
University of Victoria MBNA Rewards MasterCard® credit card
Earn MBNA Rewards points to redeem for the rewards that you want
- Earn 1 MBNA Rewards point‡ for every $1 in eligible purchases
- 1,000 bonus points†† ($10 cash back value) after your first eligible purchase
- Redeem points‡ for cash back, travel, brand-name merchandise, gift cards from top retailers, or choose to make a charitable donation.
- Save on interest with a low promotional annual interest rate (AIR)† of 1.99% on balance transfers✪ for the first 10 full months
- No annual fee
University of Victoria Platinum Plus MasterCard® credit card
You could save on interest with this low-rate credit card.
- 0% promotional annual interest rate (AIR) † on balance transfers✪ for the first 10 full months
- Low Standard AIR of 16.99% on purchases, a 18.99% Standard AIR on balance transfers and access cheques, and a 24.99% Standard AIR on cash advances
- No annual fee
Plus, as a cardholder you are protected by some of the following MasterCard® embedded benefits:
- Rental Vehicle Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Benefits**
- Purchase Assurance**- Covers eligible items purchased with your MBNA credit card for the first 90 days from the date of purchase
- Extended Warranty Benefits**- Doubles eligible warranties for up to one additional year on eligible purchases made with your MBNA credit card
- Along with some other travel services* - Lost Document and Ticket Replacement, Lost Luggage Assistance, Legal Referral Assistance
Why does the UVic Alumni Association offer affinity programs?
The UVic Alumni Association has negotiated group rates for UVic alumni with a variety of Canadian companies. Affinity programs offer alumni the opportunity to support the university while benefiting from services such as travel, investment, insurance or credit cards. When you use our partners' products or services a portion of your purchase is returned to the association. Those revenues support student and alumni programs.
Why do I get mail and/or e-mail about affinity programs?
From time to time the UVic Alumni Association will be contacting you by mail or e-mail to update you on products or services offered to UVic alumni. The materials are supplied by our affinity partners but mailed by the UVic Alumni Association.
Is your personal information given or sold to our affinity partners?
Can I ask to be excluded from these mailings?
Yes. We respect your privacy. Visit our subscription preferences page and select what you want or don't want to receive from the UVic Alumni Association. We will ensure that your information is accurate and treated according to your wishes.
How does the UVic Alumni Association use the revenue it gains from affinity partnerships?
From the revenue the UVic Alumni Association gains from affinity partnerships, the association sponsors and supports annual student and alumni programs including Grad Year Connections, Career Fair, Career Forums as well as local and international alumni chapter and branch events.